Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day Nine To a Body You Love

There's a saying that "When the student is ready, the teacher appears." I've had many great teachers.

Liz Parker, Foundress of Liz PR, taught me how to dress and the one rule I learned from her and always follow is: When you see something you like, like a blazer or skirt, if it looks good and is in your size you should buy it. Don't wait for the sale because it may not be there. The other rule of hers that I always follow is: Anything can be tailored.

Misty Tripoli, Foundress of The Groove Method, taught me to love my body and life and all of it's deliciousness one groovy move at a time.







Deborah Goodwin, President of the Aloette of Oakville Franchise, taught me to dream BIG.


My most recent teacher, Patricia Moreno, Creator of IntenSati, Founderess of Sati Life Inc. and author of Seven Principles to Thinner Peace, has taught me to live a life I love in a body I love and to choose my thoughts, actions and words wisely because your thoughts, actions and words co-create the life you live in each moment. Patricia is a Gaiam Media Presenter and has several DVD workouts that you can do at home that are all infused with her Sati LifeStyle.

I highly recommend all of her DVDs for workouts that are fun, challenging mentally and physically and give you the results you're looking for.

Because I don't live in Manhattan and can't see her everyday, I use three of her DVDs through out the week. These DVDs in combination with doing IntenSati twice a week of contributed to me losing ALL of my baby weight, strengthened my core and put be back into my PD(Pre-Darius) Jeans.

KickBox: Core Cross Train

In this workout you will punch, kick, jab and shuffle your way to a lean and toned body. Patricia teaches you powerful martial arts and boxing-inspired moves to strengthen your core and reshape your whole body. You'll achieve endurance, precision and grace in a single workout that’s broken into four targeted sections: Punches, Core Energizer, Power Kicks and Ultimate Kickboxing. The whole workout when all four sections are combined is 80 minutes long, but the best part is each of these sections can be done as individual workouts.


Dance: Core Cross Train


I love to dance. Before getting pregnant I used to teach BodyJam and Zumba at GoodLife Fitness. If you can't get to the gym to try either one of those classes, pick up this DVD. In it Patricia shows you how to simultaneously build strength and dance skills. You’ll see just how dancers get so toned as you integrate your entire body into new movements. From jazz to Latin and hip-hop, you’ll learn all the basic moves from each genre and then string them together to look like a pro. If you’ve ever dreamed of dancing in a music video, this is the experience!


Yoga: Dance Fusion

I highly recommend including a day or two of stretch into your fitness routine. After you've strengthened your muscles, they need a good stretch to get your body looking long and lean. In this DVD Patricia has merged the precision of yoga with the graceful and powerful motions of dance. Each seamless and flowing movement builds balance, strength, endurance and flexibility. This workout not only invigorates the body, but elevates the spirit as well. I guarantee you'll feel strong, yet serene after doing this workout. I love this DVD because when I'm short on time I do the express workout which is only 30 minutes.
You can find all of these DVDs on the Gaiam website or visit your in Canada, visit your local Chapters Indigo Store. The best part, the price for these DVDs range between $11 - $14! Now you can't beat that. World class instructor, World Class workout, but not at a World Class price.



No comments:

Post a Comment