Thursday, June 10, 2010

Excuses Be Gone...Write on!

I've been wanting to put more up on my blog, but just don't know what to blog about. Yes, I'm a Personal Trainer and Fitness Instructor, but that part of my brain has been shut off since I went on maternity leave on March 10th.

Now, I'm ready to get back to what I do best. Don't get me wrong, I'm a very good mum, but I'm also a good Personal Trainer and a REALLY good Fitness Instructor, just ask the people that come to my classes.
I can come up with as many excuses as I want, but the truth is I'm insecure about my writing skills. I've always had bad grammar. I write the way I speak, I don't edit my work and I don't have a very distinct written voice. I've always admired people like Lisa Mackay(http://www.wickednweird.blogspot.com/) and Liz Parker(http://www.lizpr.com/) or my good friend Karen Lin (www.karenokelive.com) who's words fall like lyrics on the page. Their words inspire, motivate, make you laugh and move you to action. I've never been able to write like that. How does one find their written voice?


So, what I've decided to do is focus on the things I do well. So, I don't have a distinct written voice, but I can give 30 plus people in one of my classes or one-on-one clients the best 60 minutes of their day. I'm much more effective in person than I am on the written page. Does this mean that I quit my blog? Hell to the no! I'm going to keep going, bad grammar and all.

I may not be able to move you to tears with my words, but you'll definitely be crying after one of my classes. They may be tears of joy for the body we've co-created. They may be tears of pain from being sore. Either way, they both have a pay off.

See you soon in a class near you.

1 comment:

  1. One of the fastest growing trends in health and fitness today is the use of personal trainer. Choosing the best fitness personal trainer is really just as important as choosing the best doctor, lawyer, or dentist. Hats off! for the Motherhood.

    ReplyDelete